Indoor Air Quality Services
Stachybotrys (stack-ee-BOT-ris) is a fungal mold that produces potent poisons, has been implicated in acute pulmonary hemorrhage in infants, and exacerbates chronic asthma.
Do you have a mold problem?
Do you know?
Living Conditions for Mold
• Indoor molds usually originate from outdoor sources (soil, plants. & decaying matter)
• Molds thrive in dark, moist environments
• Molds grow on the surface of objects, within pores, and in deteriorated materials
Typical Mold Habitats
• Outside buildings
• In attics and below grade spaces
• Within wall cavities
• In HVAC systems
Conditions Necessary for Mold Growth
• Temperature range above 40T and below 100 F
• Mold spores
• Nutrient base (most surfaces contain nutrients)
• Moisture (water or high humidity)